Wix has been featured heavily in online ads many times, before segueing into a viewer’s favorite YouTube video. So what is so special about Wix? And is it really that intuitive for first-time users to build their websites and their online businesses?
Let’s read on to find out.
What Is Wix?
If you haven’t come across its ubiquitous ads throughout the web space, Wix is a cloud-based website builder that includes design services and web hosting. It also provides website templates that are completely customizable. It features a drag-and-drop HTML5 website builder that includes graphics, apps, image galleries, fonts, vectors, and animations, just to name a few. No coding or hiring a web developer is required.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Wix
Like any e-Commerce platform on the market today, there may be features and benefits that would be of great advantage for your particular online store. There may also be certain downsides that should make you pause and consider whether this is truly the platform for you. Let’s explore some pros and cons of using Wix as your e-commerce platform of choice.
- Edit in real-time – by using the Wix editor, you can instantly see the design changes you make and how it impacts the overall look of your storefront.
- A vast variety of apps – featuring well over 250 free and paid apps that can be integrated seamlessly, these apps can improve the overall functionality of your online store.
- Multi-channel selling – Wix has a built-in option to sell on Instagram, increasing the store’s capability of drawing new customers.
- Easy to use – The interface is highly intuitive, even for a beginner. It features a drag-and-drop editor and templates that are mobile responsive.
- Innovative e-Commerce tools – These highly specialized tools, such as abandoned cart recovery, get in contact with customers who have left items in their carts during checkout.
- Multilingual websites – Expand your global reach by introducing new websites for different countries.
- No inventory alerts – Are you running low on a popular item in your store? Unfortunately, Wix will not be able to alert you of that. This is something to consider, as this can make it difficult to scale your business.
- Excessive creative freedom – Although Wix gives you full reign to let your creative imagination run wild, this could be a stumbling block to creating an effective e-Commerce website and design.
What Do Wix Users Have To Say?
The mark of a good website builder is whether or not its users are satisfied. Website Builder Expert asked users if they recommend this platform. Users scored Wix with 3.99 out of 5.
The most celebrated aspect of Wix is that users express just how easy it was to build their store. Having a simple and flexible design, users could customize the store’s branding and add product size and variants.
Another great feature that users lauded Wix for was the ability to build both a unique and powerful brand with the use of product videos.
Wix, A Great Option For Small Businesses
Overall Wix users highly recommend Wix to develop a robust and appealing brand, specifically catering to small businesses. With a wide range of e-Commerce tools, Wix was rated as the best e-Commerce builder all around. However, if you are looking to build a vast “e-Commerce empire” it might be better to use Shopify.