As direct competitors, Square and Shopify are the most popular e-commerce solutions on the market today.
Shopify is a complete e-commerce solution, offering everything a merchant needs to set up an online shop and start selling. Its platform enables you to organize your products, customize your storefront, process credit card payments, and track your customer’s orders.
Square’s Point of Sale app can be downloaded onto a tablet or smartphone for free. It is a highly customizable resource that allows merchants to manage their store’s finances, staffing, and customer base by using one screen.
The most common question posed by merchants is whether or not Square and Shopify can be integrated. Unfortunately, they cannot, at least not natively. You would actually need a third-party app to make it work.
The Bankful Gateway
When it comes to processing payments, Bankful has got you covered. As a licensed, third-party payment provider with its own proprietary payment gateway, Bankful, it has advanced
features such as 3D Secure, multi-currency conversion, cryptocurrency processing, intelligent transaction routing, and can now be seamlessly integrated with Shopify.
Additional features include Level One PCI compliant, technologically-focused accessible APIs and SDK, as well as financial technology solutions. With their reporting system, they enable merchants to access and generate the reports that would be most valuable and useful.
How To Integrate Bankful Gateway With Shopify
Processing payments by using Bankful Gateway couldn’t be easier. You can follow these steps in order to connect your Square account with the gateway:
- Go to the website paybybankful.com
- Type in your login credentials, which are your username and password
- You will be redirected to the page which says “Authorize Bankful to connect to your Square account”.
- Click Authorize
- You will be redirected to the squareup.com page, where you will be asked to enter your username and password
- Click Sign In
- You will be redirected to another page that says “Application Successfully Authorized”
- Click “Complete the Process”
- On the Square Connect page, enter your Location
- Click Save
- That’s it! You have successfully connected Square with Bankful!
In order to Bankful as your preferred payment gateway on Shopify, follow these steps:
- Go to your Shopify account and click on the bottom, left-hand side of the page, and click on Settings
- Then go to Payments on the upper left-hand side of the page
- Under Shopify Payments, click on the statement, “See all other providers”¦”
- Under “Third-party payment providers”, scroll down and find Bankful
- Enter your Bankful credentials: username and password
- Click on the credit cards you want to accept
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Reactivate Bankful”
- In order to verify, scroll back up to the upper left of the page and click on “Payments”
- You will see Bankful as one of your payment providers
In order to process a transaction from Shopify by using Square authorized integration, follow these steps:
- When ready to purchase an item, you will see a Bankful Square page with the item to purchase
- Click the “Buy It Now” button
- You will be redirected to the information page to enter your contact information such as your e-mail and shipping address
- Click on “Continue to shipping”
- Click on “Continue to payment”
- Click on “Complete the order”
- On the payment page, enter all pertinent credit card information
- Click “Pay Now”
- Finally, you will be redirected to the Thank You/Confirmation Page
- That’s it!
Bankful, A Secure And Seamless Solution
CBD merchants have long struggled to find a reputable payment processor for their CBD products. Shopify Payments is not available for hemp or hemp-derived products (CBD) at this time as it violates Shopify Payments’ Terms of Service.
Since Shopify’s partnership with Bankful, processing CBD products will now become a reality. Ultimately, this aligns with Bankful’s mission to provide a seamless integration and payment processing experience.